Sat, 13 May|
Remarkable Women of English History Walking Tour
Women's month is coming to an end and we'd like to celebrate it with a tour in tribute to legendary women of England's history.
Time & Location
13 May 2023, 11:30 – 14:00
London, Neal's Yard, London WC2H, UK
About the event
Would you like to get to know the legendary women of England’s rich history?
Join Zhanna Macmillen for a walking tour down London streets and you'll learn about spies, doctors, authors, feminists, fearless women who dared to think outside the box of their time.
On your way, you would meet:
- First female doctors who were forced to France to open a British hospital.
- A lady who would later become a prototype for Lady Chatterley.
- Fearless spies.
- First women who were allowed to open a bank account and buy a pint.
- The mother of English feminism and ‘grandmother’ of Frankenstein.
- Suffragists, suffragettes and anti-suffragettes.
- Feminist writers & women who fought for their university degrees.
- And many women for whom the word ‘NO’ didn’t exist.
After a 2.5 hour tour we would stop for a coffee/discussion at the Kimpton Fitzroy Hotel cafe (surprise for Titanic lovers awaiting).
PRICE £30. Proceeds will be donated to APARU 🎟 https://www.londonculturewalks.com/book-tickets
Saturday, 13th of May
Saturday, 20th of May
Meeting point: Neal's Yard, Covent Garden Starting at: 11:30am
Come join us, don't lag behind!